Sunday, March 10, 2013

Recover and Recoup

Merriam-Webster definition of Recuperation 
 1: to get back : regain
 2: to bring back into use or currency : revive

 Merriam-Webster medical definition of Recovery 
 : the act of regaining or returning toward a normal or healthy state

 “If you desire healing, let yourself fall ill, let yourself fall ill.” ― Rumi

 Running day after day, month after month will take it's toll on any person. Dedicating your time to others is morally correct but can result in exhaustion. Not scoring at least a D can lead to failure in life lessons. Upon realizing this I have taken in account for the amount of time I was spending. Time is expensive because it's priceless. After calculating the amount of sleep I was getting, splurges, and working. By the productivity level, needless to say I was descending excessively. I've taken this advice and confined myself to bed rest on this beautiful day. I've attached the IV and induced the morphine...I'm ill....I'm ill.

 “it's not how far you fall, but how high you bounce that counts.” ― Zig Ziglar 

 My thought process revolves around many things, one of them being if you did it once you can do it again. If he did it better than him, you can do it better than them. I have fallen ill after bouncing high. While in descent I'm embracing the cool rapid airflow, with my eyes close. I'm envisioning a crowd of familiar smiling faces and the future I pursue. I should be afraid but I'm not, I don't break, I bounce. At the height I'm falling from, I can't help but to bounce back even higher.

 “It is not true that everyone is special. It is true that everyone was once special and still possesses the ability to recover it.” ― Criss Jami 

 To recover your specialty is special. It's what makes you special. We all have gifts and talents that we are should share with the world. We have the potential to achieve our goals and dreams. There have been many times I've felt recovery was a deed that I owed myself. It is now a way of life, living is mandatory and surrendering isn't an option.

 “From recovery to rags and rags to recovery symbolizes art - a perfect compilation of human imperfections.” ―Criss Jami, Salomé: In Every Inch In Every Mile 


 We all make mistakes and will till the end of time. It's natural, with no make-up shows imperfections. Some are ashamed of their flaws while others are proud and showing them off. Life is filled with ups, downs, rounds and rounds. One day you're up and the next you're down. What is most important during recovery is to maintain your recovery and build. I listen to French Montana and on a track titled Sanctuary produced by Black Metaphor. French asked "I don't know what's worst...to never get it or to get it and lose it?"

No comments:

Post a Comment