Monday, January 14, 2013

"Try, Try, Try again"


"Everything that happens happens as it should, and if you observe carefully, you will find this to be so."
- Marcus Aurelius



I find this to be so due to my personal experience and analyzing my present. Everything I've been through prepared me for this present moment. We have free will and the decisions we make gives us experience and knowledge. For example, when we were children and understood right from wrong some of us were drawn to the dancing blue and orange light or the red eye on the stove. Your guardian said "no" but you were determined to touch it, at least I know I was. My doctor said this was an early sign of my future obstacles. He said since I touched it I showed early signs of rebellion, ambition, persistence and independence along with some other hogwash. If you didn't touch the amazing flame or red eye congratulations woo who. He said if I touched it more than once I had serious issues, I'm unsure if I did. The point is once I learned it was HOT, I was aware and careful ever since.
"Nothing happens to any man that he is not formed by nature to bear."

- Marcus Aurelius


Experience doesn't have to come from an event you've personally experienced. Experience can come from the advice of someone who did or didn't experienced a particular event. Experience can come from a story or event you seen or heard someone else experienced whether T.V., radio, internet, magazine, etc. Experience can also come from common sense. From experience comes knowledge and than wisdom but it's one thing to have wisdom and another thing to be wise. Wisdom means "the quality or state of being wise; knowledge of what is true or right coupled with just judgment as to action" Wise means "having the power of discerning and judging properly as to what is true or right; possessing discernment, judgment, or discretion. 2.) characterized by or showing such power."

"Let it be your constant method to look into the design of people's actions, and see what they would be at, as often as it is practicable; and to make this custom the more significant, practice it first upon yourself."
- Marcus Aurelius

Having the experience and knowledge, to this day I still don't utilize my wisdom and make wise decisions. Sometimes there are no negative consequences, just fun and more experience but the keyword is sometimes. "Sometime" is not "all the time" which means it's just a matter of time, in my opinion of course. I've experienced first hand by continuously putting myself in the same negative situation, I've decreased my odds of a positive out come but not permanently of course. I continuously experience to this day what HOT is. My doctor says Ben Franklin and Rita Mae Brown stated "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different

results." I told him my teacher stated my kindergarten teacher, Ms. Evans, stated "Try, Try, Try again." My doctor calls it insanity, I call it determination. I'm was raised and taught to not be a quitter, I think majority of us were. I can't say to give up if something your attempting that isn't working for you or your not good because of Colonel Harland David Sander. Colonel Sanders is the founder of KFC who is rumored to have created over 1000 recipes before the winning formula was found. Thomas Edison attempted to invent the light bulb over 10,000 times and didn't really invented. The point is were they insane? Maybe they were but so what, they were successful.

"Never let the future disturb you. You will meet it, if you have to, with the same weapons of reason which today arm you against the present."

- Marcus Aurelius



Some of us have to go through a dramatic or tragic event to change or quit. Some don't, like the ones who never touched the flame or the red eye, because they feel it's not worth it. Few never quit and literary "try, try, try again" until the get it or die, which very comes first. Experience teaches and knowledge is what learned. So abuse your free will my friends, reach for your dreams and "try, try, try again"until it becomes a reality.

"Execute every act of thy life as though it were thy last."
- Marcus Aurelius





AKA


#YOLO


Marcus Aurelius was a Stoic and Roman Emperor in 161 to 180. He lived from April 26, 121 AD to March 17, 180 AD.

1 comment:

  1. I was quite inspired by you statement and incite on life and it journey. This is very true we all write our story each and every day...which led to our destiny in life.. Wish you the best in your vision on life fabulous wonders of its different paths. Keep smiling and joy will heal the soul.

    Much Love

    ReplyDelete